Team User Friendly Sun Run '03 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What IS the Vancouver Sun Run, anyway?
A 10 kilometre/6.25 mile fun run/walk through downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. 2003 marks the 17th annual event. The Sun Run's primary sponsor, the Vancouver Sun daily newspaper, donates two dollars of the entry fee to amateur athletics in BC and one dollar to their Raise-A-Reader campaign for children's literacy programs.
2. When is it?
9am 13 April 2003, at the intersection of Burrard and Georgia Streets in downtown Vancouver, BC. That's a Sunday morning.
3. What's in it for me?
4. Do I have to RUN the 10K?
- a 100% cotton event tee shirt bearing rare UF artwork on the back - there are only as many copies of our annual custom logo as there are team members for that year. Even Illiad himself doesn't have shirts from the years he didn't participate.
- bragging to your co-workers and classmates about what you accomplished yesterday.
- your (legal) name and finish time in the next morning's newspaper - evidence for previous item.
- a chance at one of the Merit Awards - no actual prizes, just a certificate and something else to brag about.
- fun filled pre- and post-race dinners with your teammates and assorted guests.
Nope. The majority of Team UFie folks walk the course.
5. How much does it cost?
6. Where do I sign up?
- Early Bird Entry before 7 February 2003: $32CAD (about $21USD)
- Final Entry before 7 March 2003: $37CAD (about $24USD)
7. My question isn't on here. Now what?
- Tell mapleleaf. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the online Corporate Team Registration form available via www.sunrun.com. There are no additional charges for online registration anymore. This is the preferred method because it cuts my workload as Captain.
- Find a paper registration form at a Parks and Recreation/Community Centre near you in the Lower Mainland or ask mapleleaf to mail/fax you one.
- mapleleaf's email address is email@example.com
- Do NOT disturb Illiad, WebDivaD, Iambe or any other UF
folks - they're disturbed enough already :). Seriously though, this is entirely mapleleaf's own project and they can't help you.
brought to you by Captain mapleleaf - firstname.lastname@example.org
all User Friendly the Comic Strip images © copyright Illiad 1997-2003
Sun Run 2003 logo © copyright The Vancouver Sun Run
don't do bad things, they have lawyers
last updated 13 January 2003